CCL undertake dynamic design and calculations for products manufactured from a range of materials including GFRC, Metals (Bronze to mild steel) and glass.
Activities include research on behalf of the UK Government and major infrastructure projects assessing the performance of materials when subject to blast pressures.
Using a variety of methods, ranging from specialist software programs to interpretation empirical data the practice provides the following services:-
- Structural analysis and design
- Blast design of glazed facades, windows, doors and buildings
- Numerical dynamic modelling of blast effects
- Three dimensional computer modelling of blast effects
- Vulnerability assessment of existing buildings
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation measures
- The development of blast enhanced products
ASIAD (Aviation Security In Airport Development)
Since 2003 CCL has provided advice to major UK airports, ensuring that new developments meet the Department for transport (DfT) ASIAD requirements. This control document defines the minimum security requirements for major developments within the Aviation industry.
Recent projects include:-
- The closure of Terminal 1
- The construction of Terminal 2
- Developments in Terminals 3, 4 and 5
The developments of the South and North terminals.
Terminal expansion (Forecourt, Terminal and new pier)